Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Home is the fast, fun, and easy way to interact with your PC by voice. Say works and they appear on the screen — three times faster than typing. Tell your PC what to do and it does it. For everything you do on your computer at home or school, there’s no simpler way to get more done faster.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Home speech recognition software lets you interact with your PC just by talking! It understands what you say and how you say it. Simply speak words and they appear on the screen — three times faster than typing — with no typos. Tell your PC what to do and it does it. Use Dragon Use your favorite applications to dictate reports, send email, surf the Web, download music, update Facebook, and more. For everything you do at home or school, there’s no easier or more enjoyable way to get more done faster. Once you start using Dragon, you’ll wonder how you managed without it.
- STOP TYPING, START TALKING Say words and watch them appear on your screen in Word, Word Perfect Outlook, and more — three times faster than typing — with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box.
- EXPRESS YOURSELF Transform ideas into text at the speed of thought; don’t let typing or spelling slow you down.
- SAY IT, DO IT Tell your PC what to do, such as “Search the Web for financial advisors in Boston, Massachusetts” and it does it. Dragon understands and obeys your voice commands. It even gets to know you better over time so recognition accuracy keeps increasing.
- SIT BACK, RELAX, AND GET STUFF DONE – Control your PC in a comfortable, hands-free mode without being tied to your keyboard.
- USE YOUR FAVORITE APPLICATIONS Dictate documents, send email and instant messages, surf the Web, and more -- using just your voice.
- GET PERSONAL Dragon adapts to your voice and the words you use. You can even personalize Dragon with your own word lists of acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases.
- HAVE FUN AT YOUR PC Dragon is easy to install and fun to use. It changes the way you interact with your computer for the better so you can get more done faster and get on with your life.
WHAT IS NEW
- 15% fewer speech recognition errors out of the box than Dragon 10; Recognition Analytics (Dragon automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user, offering advice to remedy the situation); multi-core support makes use of machines with multi-core architecture
- Faster response times for commands
- Enhanced Correction Menu and Spelling Window; new “don’t recognize that word” command; Dragon “learns” from edits, including keyboard edits, faster than ever before
- Enhanced Accuracy Center with focus on ease of use
- Enhanced DragonBar with contextual messages to improve usability and feature discoverability; new Dragon Sidebar presenting commands and tips; redesigned Profile Creation Wizard with focus on ease of use; more readable text for enrollment and microphone check
Help System and Tutorials
- Includes richer tutorial and tips; at anytime, you can search the Help for a particular word or phrase
Editing and Formatting Text
- Handle multiple instances of a word or phrase in your text
Command and Control
- Global commands for launching applications and folders, switching to a specific window, or tabbing multiple times
Application Support: Word Processing
- WordPerfect X5 and Word 2010 (Natural Language Commands in English only)
Application Support: Email
- Outlook 2010 (Natural Language Commands in English only)
Dragon Voice Shortcuts for Web Search
- Shortcut commands to search more websites, including Nuance Technical Support
Dragon Voice Shortcuts for Email and Desktop Search
- Email shortcut commands to control messages and desktop content; new shortcut to search Dragon Help
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- #CPU: minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor. We recommend 1.8 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: minimum 512 KB. We recommend 2 MB.
- Free hard disk space: 2.5 GB (2.8 GB for localized non-English versions)
- Supported Operating Systems:
- --Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- --Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- --Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
- --Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: minimum 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008. We recommend 2 GB RAM for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008 64-bit.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase).
Note: An internet connection is required for product activation (a quick anonymous process).
*This edition of Dragon does not support Bluetooth, digital recorders, or dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.