Adobe Flash Media Streaming Server 4.5
Stream high-quality Adobe® Flash® Player compatible content quickly and easily with Adobe Flash Media Streaming Server 4 software. High performance and dynamic streaming let you use your hardware resources more efficiently to reach the largest audience with the highest quality. Plus, you can better protect your rich media assets and even broadcast live video on the web and on mobile devices.
Full 64-bit support
- Maximize your server resources with full 64-bit support. Install on a wider range of platforms, now with support for Linux® CentOS 5, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 5, and Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008.
- Take advantage of enhanced functionality in Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 software that grants interactive access to media held in the buffer, enabling features such as trick mode playback (fast motion, slow motion, and frame stepping). It also allows the video player to reconnect to the server if the connection is lost while still playing out the contents of the buffer, enabling smooth, uninterrupted playback.
Integrated HTTP server
- Help ensure that your content is easily and reliably delivered, even when RTMP delivery is not supported. Use this integrated solution to deliver all components of your video application over HTTP, and use Adobe Flash Media Streaming Server software as your HTTP origin for HTTP Dynamic Streaming.
More secure multiprotocol streaming
- Choose to deliver live and on-demand streams using the industry-standard HTTP protocol with HTTP Dynamic Streaming support or the industry-standard RTMP/RTMPE protocol. For HTTP delivery, Flash Media Streaming Server 4 enables stream packaging including optionally adding digital rights management (DRM) protection with Adobe Flash Access™ 2 software. Deliver live and on-demand streams using the integrated HTTP server as an origin service, which can use standard HTTP caching and network infrastructures.
RTMP Dynamic Streaming
- Keep your viewers longer with a better viewing experience, no matter what their connection speed. Dynamic Streaming — now enhanced with Fast Switching in Flash Media Streaming Server 4 — is a quality-of-service feature that responds to changes in a viewer's bandwidth or computing resources and quickly switches between bitrates during playback without disruption, helping to ensure a high-quality, uninterrupted RTMP stream.
More secure content delivery
- Lock down your high-definition content and communications with enhanced stream protection and server-side security. Encrypted H.264 streaming is now supported; with the encrypted RTMP (RTMPE), you get higher performance at 128-bit encryption strength. Protect SWF files from being reused or modified and help prevent unauthorized connections with SWF file verification. Use the plug-in architecture to create custom, real-time rights control by validating with external services such as LDAP or SOAP. Integrate with Flash Access to encrypt live streams and media files, enabling rights-managed content delivery.
- Get started right away with easy, out-of-the-box deployment. Flash Media Streaming Server 4 makes it simple with prebuilt features for live, video on demand, multicast, HTTP Dynamic Streaming, and delivery of encrypted media to the Flash Player and Adobe AIR® runtimes as well as support for more platforms, including Windows Server 2008, Linux CentOS 5, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
- Archive live, high-definition streams on the server and enable HD DVR functionality with support for H.264 stream recording for both RTMP and HTTP Dynamic Streaming. Pause a live stream or seek backwards into the video that was missed.
H.264 video and HE-AAC audio
- Enable up to 1080p HD delivery to Flash Player and Adobe AIR with industry-standard H.264 video and HE-AAC audio streaming. Given the broad support of H.264 video in the industry, you can leverage existing content without having to reencode, helping to reduce the cost of delivery.
Live HD video streaming
- Get robust, high-performance live streaming of H.264 and VP6 video in conjunction with Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder 3.1 software so you can deliver around-the-clock live video feeds for news, events, and social media sites as well as support a high volume of subscribers in real time.
Mobile video delivery and Flash Player 10.1
- Deliver both live and on-demand streams to a growing number of mobile devices that support Flash Player 10.1. The same video experience in the browser can now be delivered smoothly to mobile devices.
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 (SP2 32 bit and R2 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (SP2 32 bit)
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® Server 5.3 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Linux CentOS 5.3 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- 3.2GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 processor (dual Intel Xeon® or faster recommended)
- 64-bit operating systems: 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended); 32-bit operating systems: 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended)
- 1Gb Ethernet card