metaio SDK 4.1
metaio SDK 4.1 has three versions: Free metaio SDK 4.1, metaio SDK 4.1 Basic and metaio SDK 4.1 Pro. With the Free metaio SDK 4.1 you can download the free metaio SDK and deliver your new AR app for free with the metaio watermark. With the metaio SDK 4.1 Basic you can remove the metaio Watermark from all of your applications and deploy to iOS, android or Windows. With metaio SDK 4.1 Pro you can remove the metaio Watermark from your apps and deply to iOS, Android or Windows. In addition to the SDK Basic licensing, with metaio SDK 4.1 you can add 3-D Tracking, SLAM, premium support and Free invitations to metaio special events.
What is the metaio SDK?
The Best Augmented Reality Development Kit Available
Develop native Augmented Reality applications for IOS, Android and Windows deployment using the metaio SDK. The metaio SDK includes a powerful 3-D rendering engine with plug-ins for Unity. Create your own application once, using the metaio SDK and deploy to all major operating systems and devices via AREL, the Augmented Reality Experience Language. Take advantage of the advance tracking features, such as Markerless 2-D and 3-D Tracking, client-based visual search and SLAM. There are no hidden fees, costs, or extra plug-ins necessary to get started... The metaio SDK is the best value fo AR developer's solutions on the market!
Automotive Prototyping with AR
Due to shorter product life cycles and the rising complexity in automotive construction and design, ease of comparison between actual prototypes and the CAD 3D model is one of the keys to reducing time and cost. The metaio Engineer, an Augmented Reality solution for industry and engineering, was developed for this purpose. In combination with standard measurement devices, FARO measuring arms for example, metaio Engineer creates the ability to superimpose virtual 3D models directly onto the actual image of the related prototype. The required camera system is calibrated optically and mounted directly to the measuring arm. By knowing the position of the camera on the measuring arm and aligning the measuring arm to the real prototype, an accurate superimposition of the related CAD data and 3D model is possible. The augmentation may reveal deviations, which can be measured and documented.
- Superimposition of welding bolts
- Visual check of construction status
- Validation of flexible parts (tubing and wiring for example)
- Virtual correction and assembly analysis
- Assembly space analysis
- Installation on existing measurement systems reduces integration efforts and cost
- Less training expenditure
- Reducing number of iteration loops and real prototypes
- Qualitative improvement of prototyping parts (e.g. vendor parts)
- Easy and interactive way for optimization of communication
MAN Diesel Close-Quarter Engine Replacement
Within a project of MAN Diesel SE, a 30 year old engine shall be replaced by a new type. In order to save time and cost as well as for a reliable project planning, the installation of the new engine is simulated in advance. This is where metaio Engineer comes into operation. Based on photos of the current scene Augmented Reality allows for the virtual positioning of the engine and its mounting on the basement. Engineers can even simulate the geometric bonding between engine and gear with AR. Furthermore, the spatial requirements for maintenance are evaluated and different concepts for the installations of exhaust gas treatment are visualized.
Step 1: Capturing of the Engine Room
- Positioning of marker plates in the engine room for the visual capture of relevant geometries
- Documentation of marker positions and spatial conditions
- Capturing of the engine room with a highly accurate calibrated digital single-lens camera
Step 2: Geometric Analysis and Evaluation
- Definition of the areas of interest by MAN Diesel SE
- Loading of captures in metaio Engineer
- Loading of 3D models for engine, cylinders, crane, reactors, etc.
- Simulation via virtual positioning of 3D models in relation to the actual geometries in the engine room
- Virtual measurement and analysis of spatial tolerances, interfering edges, collisions, etc.
- Documentation of results by saving relevant scenes in metaio Engineer
Step 3: Presentation of Results
- Creation of a presentation using the screenshot tool of metaio Engineer
- Visualization and discussion of critical spatial tolerances and collision measurements
- Early estimation of efforts and project costs
- Virtual evaluation of different options and identification of possible savings
- Efficient communication between engineering, sales, management and customers via visualization of challenges and possible solutions
- Highly accelerated capturing of actual spatial conditions via marker plates and photography
- Flexible and comprehensive analysis options by the intuitive user interface of metaio Engineer
- High savings in project planning and accomplishment
- Wide field of application for the methodology on all measures of retro-fitting, re-powering and maintenance of ship engines. Furthermore, metaio Engineer is also usable for the planning of plants, manufacturing lines, and construction sites.