MakerBot ABS FilamentMakerBot
MakerBot ABS Filament
The Ideal Build Material for Your MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer
MakerBot ABS filament is the best, most consistent, and most tested ABS filament for your MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer.
All MakerBot Filament is manufactured to produce the highest quality 3D prints and is trusted by leading companies and institutions the world over, thanks to state-of-the-art filament manufacturing and quality control standards.
- When used with MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printers, MakerBot ABS Filament helps produce higher-quality prints, reduce filament problems, and minimize downtime
- Because it’s more flexible than PLA, MakerBot ABS is great for mechanical designs or ones that have interlocking or pin-connected pieces
- Compared to PLA, ABS has a longer lifespan, is more impact resistant, and has a more matte look and finish
- MakerBot ABS Filament has a high melting point, so it’s suitable for machine or car parts
- MakerBot ABS Filament is soluble in acetone, so you can “weld” parts together with just a drop or two or smooth surfaces and create a high gloss by brushing or dipping full ABS pieces in acetone
- MakerBot ABS filament adheres well to Kapton tape on a heated build plate