MakerBot Replicator 2XMakerBot
Experimental 3D Printer | Dual Extruder
The MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer is a full-featured desktop 3D printer for daredevils and experimenters to explore the frontiers of 3D printing. Equipped with two extruders and optimized for the traditional thermoplastic ABS filament, the MakerBot Replicator 2X is prepared for future developments in 3D printing.
Super flat heated build plate optimized for ABS
- Get prints that stick: high-tolerance aluminum build plate is machined for crucial flatness to prevent warping or sagging that can affect print quality.
- Build plate is anodized for longevity and durability.
- Surface tape comes cut-to-size for smooth, hassle-free application.
- Better temperature control keeps build plate heated precisely and evenly throughout.
- Now in sleek MakerBot black.
Completely Re-engineered easy-load extruder
- New easy-load filament lever makes loading filament as easy as flipping a light switch.
- Re-designed filament feeding system dramatically reduces stripping, skipping, and jamming.
- Constant force filament feeding system has no parts to wear out or need adjustment.
- New thermal core design stabilizes internal temperature for more reliable prints.
- Less maintenance and more uptime.
Dare to “Dual”: Dual Extrusion 3D printing
- Be ready for cutting-edge developments in filament and multi-material printing.
- Add a new level of creativity to your 3D design with interlaced colors.
- Precisely aligned dual nozzles give perfect prints in one or two colors.
- Updates in MakerWare make it easier to generate dual extrusion prints.
- Firmware improvements reduce filament reversal, retraction, and over-run, meaning more definition between colors.
Six-sided enclosure for stabilized ABS cooling.
- Enclosed sides block drafts and stabilize the ABS cooling period for less cracking and peeling.
- Magnetic lid snaps on and off for easy access.
- Clear-view top and sides let you monitor your progress.
- Friction hinge door stays where you put it for easy print retrieval.
- Magnetic latches keep small hands safe from hot components, at home and at school.
Everything you expect from a MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer including 100-micron layer-height resolution.
- Industrial-strength, steel frame provides stability during high-speed printing.
- 3-point build platform leveling that adjusts quickly.
- Wear-resistant, oil-infused brass bearings for less maintenance.
- Using MakerBot MakerWare, you can experiment with layer height resolutions much finer than 100 microns.
- Designed to look awesome in your office or on your work bench.
- New improvements to the MakerBot slicing engine make it even faster and more accurate.
- Prepare your 3D models for printing using a comfortable, intuitive interface.
- Drag and drop multiple 3D models, and automatically arrange them on the virtual build platform.
- MakerBot Firmware enables improved, smoother acceleration to generate finer detail with less vibration.
- Create and save as many custom print setting profiles as you want.
- Save projects as .thing files.
- Compatible with .stl and .obj files;
MakerBot Support. Ready to help if you need it.
Our expert, responsive Support Team is available online 6 days a week to help MakerBot Replicator 2X owners troubleshoot hardware and software issues: firstname.lastname@example.org [Mon–Sat, 9 AM–6 PM ET].
The MakerCare Service Plan.
MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer owners have the option to purchase MakerCare, our one-
year package for service and repair. MakerCare gives owners extra peace of mind if components break or malfunction.